Tuesday, March 9, 2010

How this all started...

Traveling is all about doing things that you wouldn't normally do in your everyday, humdrum life. At least, that's how my crazy mom and I see it! So it makes perfect sense that we would have this idea whilst on vacation in a new and exciting city.

You see, if there is one thing that mom and I enjoy more than anything it is eating. More to the point, we love finding new places to eat. But, more often than not, what influences our opinion of the restaurant in question has little to do with the food itself. Rather, upon leaving a restaurant we comment on things like the ambiance, the feel of the restaurant, and, most importantly, the waitstaff. It went something like this...

It all began one night in a restaurant in the trendy Warehouse District in Austin, Texas. After sharing a scrumptious meal together and offering the remaining contents of our bottle of wine to two delightful ladies from New York, my mother asked our waiter if she could take a picture of him. He was, you see, one of the cutest waiters we'd ever seen. Under the guise of a "cute waiter contest" he happily agreed!

We got to thinking: Maybe we should take pictures of ALL the cute waiters we find in our travels and everyday life. Maybe we should share our cute waiter stories and pictures with the rest of the world! And so, here we are, writing a blog and sharing our stories of yummy food and yummy waiters! We hope that you'll enjoy them as much as we do!

Love and yum,
Amy and Sharon

5 comments:

  1. Amy, you are my favorite person. Sharon, I met you once and you probably don't remember, but I think you're rad, plus you raised my favorite person. This is awesome and I will make sure to keep an eye out for cute waiters this summer in Hawaii. Because nothing says "honeymoon" like "Look, sweetie, there's a cute waiter! Let's take his picture!" I think it will be badass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cuteness is in the eye of the beholder unless its terminally cute in that case when confronted with a cute waiter tip well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to travel with you girls. You make everything an adventure!
    hugs, Sandy Surico

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is what happens when my wife and daughter are left unsupervised!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very cute project! Two thumbs up!! Remember to hug your waiter. And don't do what I do sometimes (fall alseep at the table).

    ReplyDelete