Saturday, March 13, 2010

Daisy and Sarah/ Paramount / Gainesville, FL

Hi all! Well, our trip to Austin is officially over. Sad, but true. However, the cute waiter scoping and deliciousness of our food exploits will continue! This restaurant is one of my favorites in Gainesville because the food is unique and delectable. The first time I ever went to Paramount Grill was years ago for brunch. I remember thinking that all the menu items sounded a little strange to me, but when they arrived on the table they were all beautifully presented and they definitely made my mouth very happy. This is also true of dinner. Look at this understated and clean beet salad that mom had.

What's so interesting about the flavors in this particular salad, as well as the vegan tomato, chick pea, asparagus soup was that, upon taking the first bite, they seemed a little...well, bland. But after eating more (and more and more and more) you realize that these appetizers are much more than they appear to be. The tastes are subtle, to be sure, but phenomenal.

What made it even better was that the waitresses, like our food, were just as gentle in their manner but wonderful. Sarah (on the left) was a little shy at first but she warmed up to the idea of being featured on the blog by the end of the night. Daisy (on the right) didn't actually serve us anything but she is just so darn cute that we had to include her as well. These two had complete control over the restaurant the entire night and did so with ease and elegance. We really liked these ladies! Wouldn't you?

To make things even better, mom and I really did a good job of ordering. She had the pork dish served with a buttery polenta that really just melted in your mouth--it was so rich! I had the seared tuna with a white bean cake under it. I honestly ate every last bite! Mom wanted to try some and I was hesitant, to say the least. But could you blame me? The meal itself is featured below!


We again could not resist ourselves before launching into our desserts. I fear there will never be a photo of dessert on this blog because we just can't help ourselves! This time it was truly worth it because we ordered two scrumptious treats! We had the pine nut, maple tart, a la mode and the chocolate truffle cheesecake. Can you understand our lack of restraint now?

Did I mention we drank a fabulous wine? We did. It was called Z'ivo, a pinot noir from the Willamette Valley in Oregon. These are some of my favorite wines in the entire world. If you have never tried a pinot from Oregon, you are missing out my friends! Just look at the satisfied look on my own dear face.


This meal was definitely delicious and Sarah and Daisy made the experience all the more enjoyable. Go to Paramount Grill for a special occasion or just because you are hungry. Either way, you will be supremely satisfied!

Love and yum,
Amy and Sharon

1 comment:

  1. The description of the food makes me want to run all the way to Gainesville and eat there. But, oh well, I will just have to make do with yummy restaurants down here in West Palm Beach. We will send you some pictures.
    Love you and love the blog.
    Aunt Jenny

    ReplyDelete